Forgot Mac Login Password? Here's What You Need to Do
Service MacBook - Maybe you are currently experiencing where your Mac cannot be unlocked because the password or password you entered cannot be recognized. Usually this happens because of a typing error when you enter the password you want to use. For example, using capslock accidentally or for other reasons.
However, if you do forget the password to log into your Mac user account, you can select the reset option from the login window. Before you begin, make sure your Mac is connected to the Internet and is running macOS Catalina or later. If you're using an earlier version of macOS, you can follow the steps to reset your password for macOS Mojave or earlier.
To see one of the password reset options, you can click the question mark next to the password field in the login window. If you don't see a question mark, enter any password 3 times.
If on the screen you see an option to reset using your Apple ID, do the following:
1. If you used the option to reset using your Apple ID, you can proceed through the following steps
- If your Mac restarts, skip to the next section, "If you see an option to restart and display a password option."
- If your Mac doesn't restart but immediately asks for your Apple ID credentials, enter the information, then click Reset Password.
2. If you are prompted to create a new keychain to store user passwords, then click OK to restart the Mac.
3. If you are asked to select an admin user whose password is known, you need to click "Forgot all passwords?".
4. If you see the Reset Password window showing the Disable Mac option, then click Deactivate Mac, then click Deactivate to confirm.
5. You can enter the new password information, then click Next. If this window displays multiple user accounts, then click the Set Password button next to each account name, then enter new password information for each of these accounts.
6. When you have finished resetting your password, click Restart.
If you see an option to restart and display a password selection, here are what you need to do:
1. You can click the option to restart and display the password reset options, then wait for your Mac to restart.
2. You will then be prompted to do one of the following:
- Sign in using your Apple ID. You may also be asked to enter a verification code which will be sent to your other device.
- Enter your FileVault recovery key. You'll receive it when you turn on FileVault and choose to generate a recovery key instead of allowing your iCloud account (Apple ID) to unlock the disc.
3. Then select the user whose password will be reset, then click Next.
4. Enter the new password information, then you can click Next.
5. After you have finished resetting the password, click Restart.
If you see an option to reset using the recovery key
1. You can click the option to reset using recovery key, then enter FileVault recovery key. You accept it when you turn on FileVault and choose to generate a recovery key instead of allowing your iCloud account (Apple ID) to be able to unlock the disc.
2. Then enter the new password information, then click Reset Password.
We all know, that any technology will not last forever. In other words, various electronic objects can be damaged even if we take good care of them. And when your Apple product encounters a malfunction, you can take it to our service experts at Dr Gadget Service MacBook.
Dr. Gadget presents the best service in the world of repair or service of Apple products, be it iPhone, iPad or Macbook iMac. This MacBook Service Place can repair your gadgets in front of your eyes directly. Have repair experts who are very reliable and can diagnose damage to your gadget accurately.
Dr Gadget will also provide a warranty of up to 30 days to 90 days after the repair is carried out. No less interesting than they are very experts on IC and Motherboard problems, you also get a money back guarantee if your device can't be repaired. How, don't hesitate anymore, contact us now to get your favorite device you can use again. Or you can also go directly to the Dr Gadget service center closest to your location.
< Back To Article
Main Features of iOS 16 Finally Officially Revealed
iPhone Repair Service Jakarta - After months of rumors, WWDC 2022 will finally roll out iOS 16 to all…
Cool iPhone Applications That Will Make Android Users Envy
Service iPhone - Actually iOS or Android, both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Including…
M2 Chip in New MacBook Air, Sound Quality Could Be a Big Star
MacBook Repair Jakarta - By now you've read enough of it in our different post. With the new MacBook…
Forgot Mac Login Password? Here's What You Need to Do
Service MacBook - Maybe you are currently experiencing where your Mac cannot be unlocked because the…
Apple Unveils New M2 Chip, macOS 13, iOS/iPadOS 16, and MacBook Air
Service MacBook - Apple is once again at ease at its annual Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC),…
These are the Accessories of Choice for the iPad Pro M1
iPad Repair Jakarta - The iPad Pro M1 product has been officially sold in Indonesia! Apple uses the…
Daily Charging and Maintenance Tips for iPad
iPad Repair Services Jakarta - At the point of our discussion this time, your iPad should be ready for…
Replace the iPad Air Battery? Dr. Gadgets Place
Service iPad - The battery is indeed the most important component of a device. It's highly recommended…
Do You Have a New iPhone? Here's How You Should Take Care Of It
iPhone Repair Jakarta - It is common that on certain dates, a person buys a new iPhone which they gave…
Alternative Open Two Applications Simultaneously, Try Split Screen iPhone
iPhone Repair Services Jakarta - Split screen iPhone can provide a solution for you iPhone users with…