8 Tips to Increase MacBook Battery Life
Service MacBook Jakarta - Like other laptops, MacBook batteries, regardless of model, can run out quickly depending on how they are used. If you work with heavy-duty processes (modeling, video editing, etc), play games or watch marathons on a streaming service, you should already know that without an electrical outlet nearby, it won't last long. We have listed some very useful tips that will help extend battery life.
1. Create MacBook Display Battery Percentage
This is a very simple adjustment, and helps to keep an eye on energy consumption:
- Click the battery icon in the macOS Menu bar;
- Click Show Percentage.
- And ready.
2. Check MacBook Battery "Health"
Still on the battery icon, macOS displays information about the MacBook's battery status to indicate whether or not it's time to replace it. The messages are as follows:
- Normal: Battery OK;
- Needs to be Replaced Immediately: The battery is working but has less charge. Take note;
- Needs Change Now: Battery works, but charge less. Service your MacBook;
- Check Battery: The battery is not functioning properly. Service your MacBook.
3. Use Power Saver
Power Saver is a native feature, a panel customized for MacBook operation. You can access it by clicking the Apple Menu, then System Preferences. With it, you can:
- Enable Automatic Graphics Switching, which switches graphics modes to maximize battery life;
- Set the period of non-use to turn off the monitor;
- Put the hard drive to sleep if possible;
- Turns off the backlight when in standby mode;
- Turn off Power Nap, turn off email and iCloud checking when idle.
4. Adjust Screen Brightness
The screen has always been one of the most power-hungry components, so adjusting the brightness settings is important.
- Click on the Apple Menu, and then on System Preferences;
- Click on Monitor, then on the Monitor tab;
- Drag the brightness slider to adjust the monitor brightness.
5. Adjust Keyboard and Touch Bar Lighting
MacBook keyboards are backlit, which isn't always as useful as promised. If you use your laptop during the day, in a bright environment, it is much better to minimize the use of resources to save energy:
- Click on the Apple Menu, and then on System Preferences;
- Click on Keyboard, then on the Keyboard tab;
- Check the box for Adjust keyboard brightness in low light;
- Turn off the keyboard backlight after and set it in the shortest time (the shortest is five seconds).
If you have a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar, you can also adjust its brightness:
- On the Control Strip, tap the left arrow icon ;
- Tap the brightness adjustment icon (highlighted in the image above) to adjust the Touch Bar brightness.
6. Turn off Bluetooth
Many don't realize it, but Bluetooth drains a lot of energy from devices, including MacBooks. So if you're not using it, turn it off:
- Click the Apple Menu, and then in System Preferences;
- Click Bluetooth, then click the Disable Bluetooth button.
7. Turn Off Everything You Don't Use
Unplug any external drives, dongles, or accessories attached to your MacBook that are not in use, as they continue to use up power. The same is true for open programs, even in unused backgrounds.
- Press the Command + Space key combination (on non-Apple keyboards, Win Key + Space);
- Type Activity Monitor, and double-click its icon;
- Click the Power tab;
- Click the program you want to close, then on the X button at the top left of the window.
8. Keep System Update
The updated program makes optimal use of the laptop's resources. With MacBooks, this is no different. Especially when it comes to genuine Apple software. Always keep macOS and programs at the latest version.
We all know, that any technology will not last forever. In other words, various electronic objects can be damaged even if we take good care of them. And when your Apple product is damaged, you can take it to our service experts at Dr Gadget Service Macbook Jakarta.
Dr. Gadget presents the best service in the world of repair or service of Apple products, be it iPhone, iPad or Macbook iMac. This Macbook Jakarta Service Center can repair your gadgets right in front of your eyes. Have repair experts who are very reliable and can diagnose damage to your gadget accurately.
Dr Gadget will also provide a warranty of up to 30 days to 90 days after the repair is carried out. No less interesting than they are very experts on IC and Motherboard problems, you also get a money back guarantee if your device can't be repaired. How, don't hesitate anymore, contact us now to get your favorite device you can use again. Or you can also go directly to the Dr Gadget service center closest to your location.
< Back To Article
Best iPhone 2022? iPhone SE, 11, 12, 13 or 13 Pro
iPhone Service - If you're looking for everything there is to know about Apple's iPhone, you've come…
Increase Your Productivity with These Free Mac Apps
MacBook Repair Jakarta - Mac is a very extraordinary machine. The device is very well designed. That's…
The Most Effective Way to Clean Your Mac Screen
MacBook Repair Jakarta - If you have smudges, fingerprints, or dust on your computer panel, it's an…
iPad Pro (2021) 12.9 inch in Design and Construction
iPad Repair Jakarta - iPad Pro 12.9″ does not show any changes in construction and design compared…
Recommended Software for Editing Images on Mac
Service MacBook - For those of you who like tinkering or editing pictures, you definitely have your…
A Must-Have Accessory for Your iPad
iPad Repair Services Jakarta - Since its launch, the iPad has indeed become one of the most favorite…
How to Set Up iPad To Be Completely Safe for Kids
Service iPad - Times have changed, before children were born with a loaf of bread in their hands and…
Many are Free, Try the Following iPhone 2022 Offline Games
iPhone Repair Jakarta - Not in range of a stable internet connection, but want to play games? You can…
Here's the Latest iOS Update of Every iPhone
iPhone Repair Services Jakarta - As we explained earlier, not all iPhones have the same iOS version.…
5 Very Easy But Useful Tricks for Mac
MacBook Repair Jakarta - Mac has many features available to make our computing easier and we discuss…